Supply chain leader
GAL AeroStaff, which provides specialized staffing and recruiting services in the Business & Commercial Aviation industry, is presently seeking Supply chain manager for a 3 to 6 months contract, in Florida USA. We offer competitive salaries, as well as a professional and ethical work environment.
The Supply chain leader role requires an experienced individual that can quickly jump into the role and help coordinate efforts between the supplier and the customer to improve on-time delivery of orders. The supplier requiring oversight is contractually delinquent to Purchase Order contract dates, and he or she will be assisted with driving actions to realign delivery to reduce the delinquent backlog.
Essential Job Functions
-Perform Supplier site visits per the schedule set by Customer
-Supplier Recovery Management activities including:
- Supplier Expedite
- Supplier Surveillance
- Program Management
-Supplier Management activities including:
- Supplier Development Plans
- Lean Manufacturing
- Inventory Management
-Provide clear communication to the customer team on the status of supplier performance
-Establish a positive working relationship with the supplier and customer teams to ensure collaboration
- Supplier Assurance Leaders are the point of contact for any part shortages or defects
- Verify production and shipping status for parts on order
- Expedite and provide details related to Customer’s parts
- Ensure supplier has an adequate Recovery Plan in place for all delinquent deliverables and monitor performance to ensure that the Supplier is working to the schedule
- Maintain and provide schedule status
- Supplier Assurance Leader will work with the Supplier to prioritize the Customer’s work to avoid slips to their ECD’s
- Supplier Assurance Leader will provide updates to the Supplier on the “critical parts” list to aid in getting critical items to the Customer
- Escalate concerns to the Customer if Supplier is not adhering to a schedule
- Monitor and support material planning for all open POs, including sub-tier material and outside processing look ahead
- Identify constraints in production and track actions to ensure constraints are managed – capacity, capability, machining, etc.
- Monitor and report on COVID-19 outbreaks and impacts on production to schedule
- Establish action tracking and assist with pushing Supplier and Customer actions that drive shipping performance to closure (Engineering Drawing Changes, Technical Data Packages, Purchase Order updates, shipping documentation, equipment updates, Source Inspections, etc.)
- Daily “Executive Review” email to Customer and QuEST teams
- Complete required reports on-time to ensure Supplier data is readily available to the Customer
- Other tasks as agreed upon by both parties
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
• Mostly Office Environments, Occasional Shop Floor involvement.
• Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
• Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
• Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
• Ability to use personal transportation to visit supplier locations