Supplier Assurance Leader / Lititz Pennsylvania
GAL AeroStaff is looking for a member to join our team and provide supplier recovery support for our valued Customer in Lititz Pennsylvania. The Supplier Assurance Leader role requires an experienced individual that can quickly jump into the role and help coordinate efforts between the supplier and the customer to improve on-time delivery of orders.
The supplier requiring oversight is contractually delinquent to Purchase Order contract dates, and GAL will assist with driving actions to realign delivery to reduce the delinquent backlog.
- Perform Supplier site visits per schedule set by Customer
- Supplier Recovery Management activities including:
- Supplier Expedite
- Supplier Surveillance
- Program Management
- Supplier Management activities including:
- Supplier Development Plans
- Lean Manufacturing
- Inventory Management
- Provide clear communication to the customer team on the status of supplier performance
- Establish a positive working relationship with the supplier and customer teams to ensure collaboration
- Supplier Assurance Leaders are the for any part shortages or defects
- Verify production and shipping status for parts on order
- Expedite and provide details related to Customer’s parts
- Ensure supplier has an adequate Recovery Plan in place for all delinquent deliverables and monitor performance to ensure that the Supplier is working to the schedule
- Maintain schedule status
- Supplier Assurance Leader will work with the Supplier to prioritize the Customer’s work to avoid slips to their ECD’s
- Supplier Assurance Leader will provide updates to the Supplier on the “critical parts” list to aide in getting critical items to the Customer
- Escalate concerns to the Customer if Supplier is not adhering to schedule
- Monitor and support material planning for all open POs, including sub-tier material and outside processing look ahead
- Identify constraints in production and track actions to ensure constraints are managed – capacity, capability, machining, etc.
- Monitor and report on COVID-19 outbreaks and impacts on production to schedule
- Establish action tracking and assist with pushing Supplier and Customer actions that drive shipping performance to closure (Engineering Drawing Changes, Technical Data Packages, Purchase Order updates, shipping documentation, equipment updates, Source Inspections, etc.)
- Daily “Executive Review” email to Customer and QuEST teams
- Complete required reports on-time to ensure Supplier data is readily available to the Customer
- Other tasks as agreed upon by both parties
10+ years of experience in managing supplier performance to ensure on-time delivery
U.S. Citizen, without dual citizenship
Mostly Office Environments, Occasional Shop Floor involvement.
Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
Ability to use personal transportation to visit supplier locations
Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.