Stress Engineer with gas turbine experience
GAL AeroStaff, which provides specialized staffing and recruiting services in the Business & Commercial Aviation industry, is presently seeking for Stress Engineer for a Permanent role, in Canada. We offer competitive salaries, as well as a professional and ethical work environment.
Area of Expertise:
- Gas turbine engine design, Solid Mechanics, Material Behavior, Thermal Analysis, FEA, Statistics
Responsible for thermal and stress analysis of static (non-rotating) components in Gas Turbine Engines (casings, rotor support structures, stator vanes, shrouds, engine mounts, etc.).
The main deliverable throughout the design process is optimal geometry
and suitable material selected to meet the structural requirements such as durability &
The optimum is achieved at best ratio of weight & cost for engine reliable service and
target performance. We step into the design process often at engine concept studies, continue
during the detail design and finish at certification. Also, to be able evaluate drawing non-compliances from manufacture or repair processes or overhaul findings.
- Plan and execute stress, thermal and lifing analysis (FEA and analytical approach)
- Mentor & coach less experienced colleagues
- Develop & perform tests (stress, temperatures, material characterization), interpret test
- results and calibrate analytical models
- Investigate the field events from stress point of view and contribute to FMEA and develop a fix
- Advancing simulation capability by exploring new methods and converting lessons learned from calibration efforts into standard work (develop process definition documents)
- Damage tolerance analysis (defects induced in manufacturing process or field findings)
- Contribute to integrated product team (IPT) starting from engine concept studies until Certification
• Understanding of a gas turbine engine design and engine certification
• Solid knowledge of material behavior and failure in materials
• Prior experience in stress & dynamics discipline in gas turbine engine industry is