Sr. supplier Quality Engineer
GAL AeroStaff, which provides specialized staffing and recruiting services in the Business & Commercial Aviation industry, is presently seeking for Sr. supplier Quality Engineer for a 3 to 6 months contract, in USA. We offer competitive salaries, as well as a professional and ethical work environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage supplier activities to ensure the quality of components for precision & complex machined parts
- Be the technical focal point to coordinate Sourcing, Design & Materials Engineering functions while interfacing with suppliers.
- Drive consistency and adherence to quality procedures and specification requirement
- Manage supplier qualification and surveillance activities for assigned commodities/suppliers.
- Provide technical guidance to suppliers to assure product/process compliance with engineering drawings and specifications.
- Drive continuous improvement of supplier's quality, cycle, and delivery performance.
- Manage supplier non-conformance and supplier deviation and concession activities; identify and drive process improvement, root cause analysis, and corrective action implementation.
Specialized Knowledge / Skills:
Extensive knowledge of precision & complex machined parts manufacturing, quality & testing, and performance
- Experience with part and process evaluation and qualification (APQP/PPAP,)
- Measurement and/or Inspection experience (MSA, Gage R&R, Calibration)
- History of identifying and resolving quality and delivery issues, including part containment, risk assessment, utilization of formal quality RC-CA tools and processes
- Capability to inspect, verify parts and processes (1st piece, source inspection, material certs, FAI)
- First Article Inspection Reviews & Documentation
- Auditing / Assessing to Customer requirements and Industry specifications (like AS9100, AS9110, ISO9001, ,)
- Use of Lean methodologies and Six Sigma tools
- Quality metric and KPI establishment, tracking, control charts, improvement. Ability to perform data analysis.
- Ability to read/interpret drawings including understanding of GD&T
- Involvement with Process Flow, Control Plans, PFMEA, Work Instructions, Capability studies, Capacity evaluations, Production readiness reviews
- Materials selection and process considerations
- Familiarity (breadth and depth) of modern high tech manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of Tool / Fixture / Gage Design and part handling/transfer
- Knowledge of Aerospace Systems components and assemblies
- Interaction with MRP systems
- Product Design (fit/form/function)
- Failure analysis/inspection
- Proficiency using MS Office suite
- Authoring/Conducting formal training
- Program Management, scheduling, quoting and customer presentations
- Leading/Training/Mentoring others
Education, Training, and Experience:
- BS degree in Engineering or Technical field. Other degrees w/ additional relevant experience will be considered.
- Quality related Certifications (CQE, Black Belt, Lean, LCS)
- 5+ years relevant experience in Quality / Manufacturing
- 2+ years required for auditing, supplier development roles
- Design background & Supply Chain Management history preferred
- ISO9001, AS9100, and/or AS9110 auditor work preferred (required for auditing roles)
- IAQG sanctioned AATT auditing certification (obtainable for auditing roles)
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Office and Shop Floor Environments
- Common activities include sitting, walking and standing
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early
- Ability to travel to customer/supplier locations. Air travel may be required.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen and cannot hold dual citizenship.