Quality Inspector / Manufacturing
Location : Lawrenceville, GA, USA
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3-5 years
Required Education : Requires a High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferable.
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
GAL AeroStaff, which provides specialized staffing and recruiting services in the Business & Commercial aircraft industry, is presently seeking a Quality Inspector based in Lawrenceville, Georgia, USA. GAL AeroStaff is an internationally approved OEM service provider / supplier. We offer competitive salaries as well as a professional and ethical work environment.
Description: Quality Inspector / Manufacturing Rapidly growing manufacturer of aircraft interior components with a fast paced, positive, and innovative environment has immediate opening at our Lawrenceville, GA location.
Quality Inspector Job Purpose:
- Maintains quality standards by performing quality inspections of incoming material, in-process assemblies, and finished products. Must have experience/knowledge in a manufacturing organization.
- Must possess strong ability to read blue prints / shop drawings and have experience using calipers, micrometers, venier both manual and digital gauges.
Quality Inspector Job Duties:
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions. Maintain tool calibration program.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Required Qualifications :
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize duties.
- Must be able to read and understand assembly & fabrication drawings.
- Must be able to comprehend and perform duties in accordance with an AS9100 Quality System.
- Must have working knowledge of measurement instruments.
- Must have good English written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess good arithmetic and mechanical aptitude.
- Must possess excellent computer software aptitude
- Requires 3+ years of inspecting parts against blue prints.
- Experience with FAA forms and regulations a plus.
- We are a drug-free workplace and EOE.
- All candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test as well as a national criminal background check.
- We offer competitive wages based on experience, as well as a benefits package including:
- Health care and Dental plans, Paid vacation, Paid holidays,