GAL AeroStaff, which provides specialized staffing and recruiting services in the Business & Commercial aircraft industry, is presently looking for a Production Planner for a permanent position in Northern Ontario.
GAL AeroStaff is an internationally approved OEM service provider/supplier. We offer competitive salaries, as well as a professional and ethical work environment.
- Competitive salaries
- Personal paid days
- Enhanced vacation scale
- Collective insurance with employer participation
The Production Planner is responsible for the scheduling, tracking, and reporting of production to ensure activities are completed on-time.
- Identify all the tasks involved on the upcoming heavy maintenance visit package.
- Complete the full package for each task (Copies of the aircraft manual section for the task, materials, tooling).
- Ensure that all tasks have Work Orders in the automated system (JDE) with labor hours identified.
- Plan Manpower requirements (detailed number of resources and hours by trade).
- Plan tooling requirements (create request for purchase order for special tooling and ensure required tools are calibrated).
- Plan Material requirements (create OR’s with proper dates) ensure inventory.
- Review shortage report before aircraft arrival.
- Plan external service requirements (create requests for purchase order with proper dates).
- Plan facility requirements (hanger capacity and FBO).
- Create Work Breakdown Structure (project sequence + Work Order dates) (i.e. Plan the sequence of the heavy maintenance tasks throughout the heavy maintenance visit).
- Create detailed schedule (with milestones),
- Review AWR’s and plan dates and resources (including JMR’s) impact.
- Provide daily schedule update (manage dates + visibility board + milestones).
- Coordinate external services (Manufacturer/Supplier) for production (create request for purchase order and schedule dates).
- Assist in the budgeting of the heavy maintenance.
- Create work package (WO, Shop process cards, create COI, etc.)
- Review statement of work
- 3+ years of experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment in planning, methods, management, or a related field.
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- Proficiency with ERP software, MS Project, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once and within multiple project teams.
- Ability to lead change management.