Delivery Assurance Leader // Milan, Italy
GAL AeroStaff, which provides specialized staffing and recruiting services in the Business & Commercial Aviation industry, is presently seeking for Delivery Assurance Leader for a 4 months contract, in Milan Italy. We offer competitive salaries, as well as a professional and ethical work environment.
The Delivery Assurance Expeditor role requires an experienced individual that can quickly jump into the role and help coordinate efforts between departments to improve on-time delivery of orders. Expeditors coordinate the movement of materials through the various departments in an organization. They do this by maintaining schedules regarding production, workers, progress and deadlines. Keeping track of inventory, placing orders as needed and inspecting quality is a large part of their job.
- Setting Schedules
- Keeping track of shipments, movement of material, the needs of each sector and deadlines involves maintaining accurate, up-to-the-minute records.
- Expeditors will stay in touch with third parties to ensure supplies and equipment are correct and available on time. If new or special needs arise, Expeditors need to work to get what is needed so production can continue.
- Coordinating efforts and look how the project is supposed to flow and see to that each sector has what it needs to complete its work on time in order to stay on schedule and meet deadlines
- Verify production and shipping status for parts on order
- Expedite and provide details related to Customer’s parts
- Ensure supplier has an adequate Recovery Plan in place for all delinquent deliverables and monitor performance to ensure that the Supplier is working to the schedule
- Maintain and provide schedule status
- Escalate concerns to the Customer if Supplier is not adhering to a schedule
- Monitor and support material planning for all open POs, including sub-tier material and outside processing look ahead
- Identify constraints in production and track actions to ensure constraints are managed – capacity, capability, machining, etc.
- Monitor and report on COVID-19 outbreaks and impacts on production to schedule
- Establish action tracking and assist with pushing Supplier and Customer actions that drive shipping performance to closure (Engineering Drawing Changes, Technical Data Packages, Purchase Order updates, shipping documentation, equipment updates, Source Inspections, etc.)
- Daily “Executive Review” email to Customer
- Complete required reports on-time to ensure Supplier data is readily available to the Customer
- Other tasks as agreed upon by both parties
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
• Mostly Office Environments, Occasional Shop Floor involvement.
• Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
• Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
• Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
• Ability to use personal transportation to visit supplier locations